Educational Loan Funds-Local
The Loan Fund was established in 1954, through the generous contributions of AAUW GRAB members and other donors to assist area women working toward college degrees.
The Greater Rochester Area Branch established the Education Loan Fund in 1954. Through the generous contributions of AAUW members and other donors, the Fund was established to assist area women working toward college degrees.The purposes for which the loan may be used are not narrowly defined and may include expenditures other than loan tuition. It is expected, however, that the loan will be used for education-related expenses. The Trustees meet monthly to review applications.
APPLICATION QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITERIA
- Currently be a Monroe County resident who has completed 30 undergraduate hours at an accredited college or university program.
- A non-resident who has completed 30 undergraduate hours and is enrolled in an accredited Monroe County college or university.
- Complete all parts of the loan application.
- Submit a transcript documenting the completion of 30 credit hours.
- Provide a copy of your drivers license.
- Provide a copy of your FAFSA
- Provide a notarized Guarantor form.
- Provide 2 Letters of Reference meeting the following criteria:
- One letter from someone familiar with your overall academic performance.
- One letter a character reference from someone other than a family member.
PROCESS UPON SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED OF APPLICATION
- An interview will be scheduled.
Upon the award of the loan a Promissory Note will be required.
A copy of this Note is attached for your information.
The Trustees meet monthly, on the second Wednesday, to review applications.
To apply, please print out and mail it to the address below:AAUW Greater Rochester Area Educational Loan Fund 494 East Ave. Rochester, NY 14607